Thursday, May 1, 2014

Getting Back to the Basics

Alright I have been getting absolutely none tons of emails complaining that I have "gotten away from the heavy" and post "worthless shit like Demon Hunter and Rage Against the Machine."  Well yes sometimes I need to just highlight how the greatest guitarist of all time riffs (I'm talking about Demon Hunter not that homeless revolutionary Tom Morello). However, I hear your pleas and so I decided to take a track from the 2008 radio-chart-topping pop album World of Hatred by Demolisher.
What made this extremely accessible radio single popular with XXX-diamondcut straight edge pit ninjas? Well, for one, Demolisher embodies what this blog seeks to promote: eight-string downtuned riffy chugg-fest breakdowns fueling borderline ignorant mosh.  There is no dancing around with choruses and bridges and other boring ass music-y shit like that.  Demolisher just decided to boil everything down to the least common denominator and have fat guys mosh with angry, broke 20-something GED-wielding white kids.  This YouTube clip probably doesn't sound all that great since your speakers will have been blown out from listening to Emmure and Suicide Silence while wearing your Job For a Cowboy hoodie to protect you from the cold standing in line for your third Born of Osiris show.

Either way, I will definitely be blasting the subs in my 2000 Toyota Corolla with this tune once I finally turn 16 (srs).  Until then, I will be sad that Demolisher broke up after all these breakdowns and I will never get to go with my outcast high school friends who wear exclusively black to one of their shows full of 30 people.  Shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment