Saturday, March 5, 2011

Riff Your Face Off: Rage Against the Machine Born of a Broken Man

I want to start highlighting riffs that catch my ear, ones that will Riff Your Face Off.  Many of these riffs will likely not tickle your fancy, but just give them a couple listens preferably at very very loud volume.  There really isn't any better way to appreciate them.  Also, until I find a good way to upload sound-clips to highlight just said riffs, I will have to link to YouTube videos which many times have inadequate renderings.  Nonetheless, seek the album version if you have the means.

The first riff goes to Born of a Broken Man by 90s alt metallers Rage Against the Machine.  Its not so much heavy as its bluesy infusion makes you want to bang your head.  The first time I heard it I feel in love and hopefully you will too.  If you can get the album version please do, this YouTube clip does not do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment